Unless you are aged under 18, sit and wait clinics are no longer available due to COVID-19. Our Devon Sexual Health clinics in Exeter, Barnstaple and Torbay are open but things are a little different and you can no longer arrive without an appointment. Here’s what to do;
• Anyone requiring our help needs to call first on 0300 303 3989.
• You will be booked onto a triage list and a nurse or doctor will call back as quickly as possible to discuss what you need.
• We are still able to provide emergency contraception (morning after pills), most methods of contraception, STI / chlamydia testing, pregnancy testing and referrals for abortion, if needed.
• We can also discuss any concerns about sexual health, contraception or worries about unplanned pregnancy.
• Some patients may be invited in to visit the clinic to see a nurse or doctor face to face, or perhaps to come and collect pills or medication. We can also post some things to a home (or friend’s) address, if needed.
FOR UNDER 18s ONLY – walk-in clinics are available at all three of our centres at the times below.
Please note masks are still required to be worn on attendance.
Barnstaple Health Centre, Vicarage Street, Barnstaple– Mondays 3.30pm – 5.30pm
Castle Circus Health Centre, Abbey Road, Torquay – Tuesdays 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Devon Sexual Health, 31 Sidwell Street, Exeter – Tuesdays 4.00pm – 6.00pm
All of our sexual health and contraception services remain confidential, even for those under 16 years old.