HIV care at Devon Sexual Health
We consider HIV care to be a core component of the work we do in sexual health. We pride ourselves on the quality of HIV care we offer to patients across Devon.
We have a dedicated HIV team working across the service to deliver a high standard of HIV care to an expanding cohort of over 400 patients. This team comprises consultant doctors, specialist nurses, a HIV specialist pharmacist, and dedicated clinical secretaries.
HIV care is currently provided at our hub locations in Exeter, Barnstaple and Torbay. Each service has dedicated clinics across the week. Please contact the clinical teams if you would like to discuss your care.
Our team currently provide all aspects of holistic person-centred HIV management to our patients. This includes:
- Monitoring as recommended in BHIVA guidelines
- Specialist circumstances such as severe immunosuppression, polypharmacy, pregnancy
- Inpatient management of HIV and non-HIV illnesses
- Well established links into local services including psychological support, peer support, advocacy, renal and cardiovascular medicine, hepatology, and cognitive assessment
- Sexual and reproductive health
How to get in touch
You can contact the teams via the following routes:
Exeter: Telephone – 01392 284966. email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Barnstaple: Telephone – 01271 341562
Torbay: Telephone – 01803656500