Weekly Young People walk-in clinics
posted by: Susan Mills
This service is for young people in the Devon and Torbay area.
When / where:
Exeter: Sidwell St Walk-In Centre, EX4 6NN – Every Tuesday evening (4pm – 6pm) This clinic is for Under 18s only.
Torquay: Castle Circus Health Centre, Abbey Rd, TQ2 5YH – Every Tuesday (2.30pm – 5.30pm) This clinic is for Under 18s only.
Barnstaple: Health Centre, Vicarage St, Barnstaple EX32 7BH, Every Monday (3:30pm – 5:30 pm) This clinic is for Under 21s only.
You can walk-in to our building to ask to be seen on the same day. You can then sit and wait to be seen.
What services does the clinic offer?
- Access to contraception services and advice
- Pregnancy testing
- Access to emergency contraception (the morning after pill)
- STI testing and treatment
What happens when I arrive?
When you arrive go to reception. The receptionist will ask you to fill in a form with your name and contact details as well as some information about why you are attending. You don’t have to give your real name if you don’t want to. You’ll then be asked to sit and wait to see one of our team.
Everything that happens at a Devon Sexual Health clinic is completely confidential. We won’t tell your GP or your parents, even if you are under 16, unless we are worried about your safety. If we do have concerns, we will tell you what we’re worried about and discuss with you what we plan to do to help keep you safe.
- Taking ‘the pill’. A different approach to make this method work best for you
- Does contraception affect fertility?
- The “male contraceptive”
- Updated blood pressure readings if you are taking combined hormonal contraception
- Does using contraception make you put on weight?
- Our C-Card service is changing
- Does it hurt to have an IUC (coil) fitted?
- What happens when you visit a sexual health clinic?
- Using a moon cup? Read this if you also have a coil in place..
- Want to join the team?
HIV Testing Week 2024
National HIV Testing Week starts Monday 5 February. HIV Testing is free and confidential. It’s also the only way to […]
Sexual Violence Awareness Week
Sexual Violence Awareness Week, 5-11 February, is an opportunity to spotlight the essential role the NHS can play in preventing […]
Our C-Card service is changing
Introducing Doink! The new way for young people 13-24 in Devon and Torbay to get free condoms, dams and lube. […]
Effectiveness of PrEP is confirmed
HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP as it is known, is a pill that HIV-negative people can take before sex to […]