ALERT: Cervical smear scam text messages
posted by: Jonathan Shaw
We have received reports today of a possible scam. Some women are being contacted by text message, claiming to be from the call and recall service to advise they are overdue for their cervical screening (smear test). The message asks them to call a mobile number and provide personal details.
These messages are not from the NHS Cervical Screening Programme.
Please do not disclose any personal information if you receive one of these messages.
The Action Fraud Line has been contacted.
- Taking ‘the pill’. A different approach to make this method work best for you
- Does contraception affect fertility?
- The “male contraceptive”
- Does using contraception make you put on weight?
- Using a moon cup? Read this if you also have a coil in place..
- Does it hurt to have an IUC (coil) fitted?
- Updated blood pressure readings if you are taking combined hormonal contraception
- New menopause information pages
- Holiday romance? Advice, including where to get emergency contraception abroad.
- Our top 5 tips for healthy bits!
Devon Sexual Health supports Playing It Safe campaign.
Devon Sexual Health is pleased to support Sexual Health Week 2023, which this year focuses on Playing It Safe. The […]
Devon Sexual Health extends clinics in Devon
From September 2023, Devon Sexual Health will be offering additional clinics for residents of Devon and Torbay, with the opening […]
Our clinics are closed on bank holidays
Devon Sexual Health clinics in Barnstaple, Exeter and Torbay will be closed on Monday 28 August for the bank holiday. […]
PrEP My Way. New campaign to encourage the uptake of PrEP
Local Authorities across the South West have come together to launch a new campaign to raise awareness of, and educate […]