Our C-Card service is changing
posted by: Susan Mills
Introducing Doink! The new way for young people 13-24 in Devon and Torbay to get free condoms, dams and lube.
From end December 2023, the free condom service for young people in Devon, currently known as C-Card Devon, will be changing to a new provider and will be called Doink.
Through the new service, condoms and safer sex products will be provided to Devon and Torbay residents aged 16-24 through online ordering with postal delivery and collection points. The focus will be on sexually active young people aged 16-24, and young people aged 13-16 most at risk of poor sexual outcomes.
As part of this provider change, all existing registered C-Card holders will need to re-register for the new service.
Doink is run by Preventx, the UK’s largest sexual health testing service, and The Eddystone Trust, a local sexual health and HIV charity. Preventx will run the remote ordering process for the service, and Eddystone will coordinate with distribution sites, and provide safeguarding oversight for the service.
The scheme will also provide information and advice about all aspects of relationships, sex and sexuality and registered young people will be able to access free condoms, dams and lube:
- Online through: doink.sh.uk/devon
- In person at one of the many collection sites
You will still be able to order condoms via the existing C-Card service until Monday 18 December, and to use the new Doink service you will have to re-register from the end of December at: doink.sh.uk/devon
- Taking ‘the pill’. A different approach to make this method work best for you
- Does contraception affect fertility?
- The “male contraceptive”
- Updated blood pressure readings if you are taking combined hormonal contraception
- Does using contraception make you put on weight?
- Our C-Card service is changing
- Does it hurt to have an IUC (coil) fitted?
- What happens when you visit a sexual health clinic?
- Using a moon cup? Read this if you also have a coil in place..
- Want to join the team?
HIV Testing Week 2024
National HIV Testing Week starts Monday 5 February. HIV Testing is free and confidential. It’s also the only way to […]
Sexual Violence Awareness Week
Sexual Violence Awareness Week, 5-11 February, is an opportunity to spotlight the essential role the NHS can play in preventing […]
Effectiveness of PrEP is confirmed
HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP as it is known, is a pill that HIV-negative people can take before sex to […]