Under 18’s sit and wait clinics at Exeter, Barnstaple and Torquay
posted by: Amy Toy
Who: This service is for patients aged 17 and under only
When / where:
Exeter: Sidwell St Walk-In Centre, EX4 6NN – Every Tuesday evening (4pm – 6pm)
Torquay: Castle Circus Health Centre, Abbey Rd, TQ2 5YH – Every Tuesday (2pm – 5pm)
Barnstaple: Health Centre, Vicarage St, Barnstaple EX32 7BH, Every Monday (3:30pm – 5:30 pm)
How: You can walk-in to our building to ask to be seen on the same day
What services does the clinic offer?
- Access to contraception services and advice
- Pregnancy testing
- Access to emergency contraception (the morning after pill)
- STI testing and treatment
What happens when I arrive?
When you arrive go to reception. The receptionist will ask you to fill in a form with your name and contact details as well as some information about why you are attending. You don’t have to give your real name if you don’t want to. You’ll then be asked to sit and wait to see one of our team.
Everything that happens at a Devon Sexual Health clinic is completely confidential. We won’t tell your GP or your parents, even if you are under 16, unless we are worried about you. If we do have concerns, we will usually tell you what we’re worried about and discuss with you what we plan to do to help keep you safe.
** You will be required to wear a face mask unless exempt and need to be COVID symptom free.**
- Taking ‘the pill’. A different approach to make this method work best for you
- Updated blood pressure readings if you are taking combined hormonal contraception
- Does contraception affect fertility?
- The “male contraceptive”
- Does it hurt to have an IUC (coil) fitted?
- Contraception during the COVID-19 pandemic
- What to do about vaginal discharge…
- Using a moon cup? Read this if you also have a coil in place..
- MONKEYPOX VACCINES NOW AVAILABLE
- New menopause information pages
MONKEYPOX VACCINES NOW AVAILABLE
Updates on access to monkeypox vaccination at our services will be posted here and on our social media profiles. 23.11.22 […]
We are currently experiencing high demand for our Sexual Health Services across Devon and Torbay
We are currently experiencing high demand for our Sexual Health Services across Devon and Torbay with unprecedented demand in Exeter. […]
NEW TELEPHONE TRIAGE SYSTEM IN EXETER FROM MONDAY 20TH MARCH Devon Sexual Health – Exeter will be trialling a new […]
RCN strike action update
The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) is taking strike action at a number of NHS trusts, including the Royal Devon, […]
Where can I get tested for HIV in #HIVTestingWeek?
Testing for HIV has never been quicker or easier. Monday 6 February 2023 marks HIV Testing Week, which is all […]
Eddystone launches campaign to help overcome HIV stigma
It’s World AIDS Day today and The Eddystone Trust has launched a new campaign aimed at overcoming HIV stigma. The […]