Under 18’s sit and wait clinics at Exeter, Barnstaple and Torquay
posted by: Amy Toy
Who: This service is for patients aged 17 and under only
When / where:
Exeter: Sidwell St Walk-In Centre, EX4 6NN – Every Tuesday evening (4pm – 6pm)
Torquay: Castle Circus Health Centre, Abbey Rd, TQ2 5YH – Every Tuesday (2pm – 5pm)
Barnstaple: Health Centre, Vicarage St, Barnstaple EX32 7BH, Every Monday (3:30pm – 5:30 pm)
How: You can walk-in to our building to ask to be seen on the same day
What services does the clinic offer?
- Access to contraception services and advice
- Pregnancy testing
- Access to emergency contraception (the morning after pill)
- STI testing and treatment
What happens when I arrive?
When you arrive go to reception. The receptionist will ask you to fill in a form with your name and contact details as well as some information about why you are attending. You don’t have to give your real name if you don’t want to. You’ll then be asked to sit and wait to see one of our team.
Everything that happens at a Devon Sexual Health clinic is completely confidential. We won’t tell your GP or your parents, even if you are under 16, unless we are worried about you. If we do have concerns, we will usually tell you what we’re worried about and discuss with you what we plan to do to help keep you safe.
** You will be required to wear a face mask unless exempt and need to be COVID symptom free.**
- Taking ‘the pill’. A different approach to make this method work best for you
- Using a moon cup? Read this if you also have a coil in place..
- Does it hurt to have an IUC (coil) fitted?
- We are currently experiencing high demand for our Sexual Health Services across Devon and Torbay
- New drop-in clinic in Okehampton
- Emergency contraception
- The “male contraceptive”
- Using a reliable method of contraception.
- Holiday romance? Advice, including where to get emergency contraception abroad.
- Does using contraception make you put on weight?
MONKEYPOX VACCINES NOW AVAILABLE
Updates on access to monkeypox vaccination at our services will be posted here and on our social media profiles. 23.11.22 […]
We are currently experiencing high demand for our Sexual Health Services across Devon and Torbay
We are currently experiencing high demand for our Sexual Health Services across Devon and Torbay with unprecedented demand in Exeter. […]
NHS Launches New Online Site Finder for Monkeypox Vaccines
The NHS has today launched a new online vaccine site finder to make it as easy as possible for eligible […]
New drop-in clinic in Okehampton
New sexual health drop-in clinic in Okehampton Devon Sexual Health is currently offering clinics at Okehampton Community Hospital and is […]
You can now pick up condoms from your local library!
Devon Sexual Health is delighted to announce that Libraries Unlimited is supporting its C-Card scheme which gives young people aged […]
Want to join the team?
We are recruiting for a part-time Healthcare Assistant to join our busy Exeter clinic. You will work under the supervision […]