Under 18’s sit and wait clinics at Exeter, Barnstaple and Torquay
posted by: Amy Toy
Who: This service is for patients aged 17 and under only
When / where:
Exeter: Sidwell St Walk-In Centre, EX4 6NN – Every Tuesday evening (4pm – 6pm)
Torquay: Castle Circus Health Centre, Abbey Rd, TQ2 5YH – Every Tuesday (2pm – 5pm)
Barnstaple: Health Centre, Vicarage St, Barnstaple EX32 7BH, Every Monday (3:30pm – 5:30 pm)
How: You can walk-in to our building to ask to be seen on the same day
What services does the clinic offer?
- Access to contraception services and advice
- Pregnancy testing
- Access to emergency contraception (the morning after pill)
- STI testing and treatment
What happens when I arrive?
When you arrive go to reception. The receptionist will ask you to fill in a form with your name and contact details as well as some information about why you are attending. You don’t have to give your real name if you don’t want to. You’ll then be asked to sit and wait to see one of our team.
Everything that happens at a Devon Sexual Health clinic is completely confidential. We won’t tell your GP or your parents, even if you are under 16, unless we are worried about you. If we do have concerns, we will usually tell you what we’re worried about and discuss with you what we plan to do to help keep you safe.
** You will be required to wear a face mask unless exempt and need to be COVID symptom free.**
- Taking ‘the pill’. A different approach to make this method work best for you
- Does contraception affect fertility?
- The “male contraceptive”
- Does using contraception make you put on weight?
- Using a moon cup? Read this if you also have a coil in place..
- Updated blood pressure readings if you are taking combined hormonal contraception
- Does it hurt to have an IUC (coil) fitted?
- New menopause information pages
- Holiday romance? Advice, including where to get emergency contraception abroad.
- Our top 5 tips for healthy bits!
Devon Sexual Health supports Playing It Safe campaign.
Devon Sexual Health is pleased to support Sexual Health Week 2023, which this year focuses on Playing It Safe. The […]
Devon Sexual Health extends clinics in Devon
From September 2023, Devon Sexual Health will be offering additional clinics for residents of Devon and Torbay, with the opening […]
Our clinics are closed on bank holidays
Devon Sexual Health clinics in Barnstaple, Exeter and Torbay will be closed on Monday 28 August for the bank holiday. […]
PrEP My Way. New campaign to encourage the uptake of PrEP
Local Authorities across the South West have come together to launch a new campaign to raise awareness of, and educate […]