Devon sexual health teams win award!
posted by: abbey
The sexual health teams at the Exeter and Barnstaple clinics have won the ‘Research Champion, team award, 2019’. They were nominated for their work on the PrEP IMPACT trial. The award was given out at the Northern Devon Healthcare Trust research symposium on Friday 28th June.
Abbey Eboigbe, nurse adviser, who received the award on behalf of the team said, “We are really proud to have been given this award. It’s great to be recognised for our hard work. We have recruited, to date, 121 men to the trial. That is 121 men who are no longer at risk of acquiring HIV! Our team feels very passionate about PrEP as an intervention. We long for the day that it is available to all who need it, via the NHS.”
You can read more about PrEP here
- Taking ‘the pill’. A different approach to make this method work best for you
- The “male contraceptive”
- Using a moon cup? Read this if you also have a coil in place..
- Does contraception affect fertility?
- Updated blood pressure readings if you are taking combined hormonal contraception
- Does using contraception make you put on weight?
- Does it hurt to have an IUC (coil) fitted?
- New menopause information pages
- Using a reliable method of contraception.
- Our top 5 tips for healthy bits!
Devon Sexual Health supports Playing It Safe campaign.
Devon Sexual Health is pleased to support Sexual Health Week 2023, which this year focuses on Playing It Safe. The […]
Devon Sexual Health extends clinics in Devon
From September 2023, Devon Sexual Health will be offering additional clinics for residents of Devon and Torbay, with the opening […]
Our clinics are closed on bank holidays
Devon Sexual Health clinics in Barnstaple, Exeter and Torbay will be closed on Monday 28 August for the bank holiday. […]
PrEP My Way. New campaign to encourage the uptake of PrEP
Local Authorities across the South West have come together to launch a new campaign to raise awareness of, and educate […]