Devon sexual health teams win award!
posted by: abbey
The sexual health teams at the Exeter and Barnstaple clinics have won the ‘Research Champion, team award, 2019’. They were nominated for their work on the PrEP IMPACT trial. The award was given out at the Northern Devon Healthcare Trust research symposium on Friday 28th June.
Abbey Eboigbe, nurse adviser, who received the award on behalf of the team said, “We are really proud to have been given this award. It’s great to be recognised for our hard work. We have recruited, to date, 121 men to the trial. That is 121 men who are no longer at risk of acquiring HIV! Our team feels very passionate about PrEP as an intervention. We long for the day that it is available to all who need it, via the NHS.”
You can read more about PrEP here
- Taking ‘the pill’. A different approach to make this method work best for you
- Using a moon cup? Read this if you also have a coil in place..
- Does it hurt to have an IUC (coil) fitted?
- New drop-in clinic in Okehampton
- We are currently experiencing high demand for our Sexual Health Services across Devon and Torbay
- The “male contraceptive”
- Emergency contraception
- Does using contraception make you put on weight?
- Holiday romance? Advice, including where to get emergency contraception abroad.
- Using a reliable method of contraception.
MONKEYPOX VACCINES NOW AVAILABLE
Updates on access to monkeypox vaccination at our services will be posted here and on our social media profiles. 23.11.22 […]
We are currently experiencing high demand for our Sexual Health Services across Devon and Torbay
We are currently experiencing high demand for our Sexual Health Services across Devon and Torbay with unprecedented demand in Exeter. […]
NHS Launches New Online Site Finder for Monkeypox Vaccines
The NHS has today launched a new online vaccine site finder to make it as easy as possible for eligible […]
New drop-in clinic in Okehampton
New sexual health drop-in clinic in Okehampton Devon Sexual Health is currently offering clinics at Okehampton Community Hospital and is […]
You can now pick up condoms from your local library!
Devon Sexual Health is delighted to announce that Libraries Unlimited is supporting its C-Card scheme which gives young people aged […]
Want to join the team?
We are recruiting for a part-time Healthcare Assistant to join our busy Exeter clinic. You will work under the supervision […]